Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Come to Jesus Meeting


We are going to need to have a “come to Jesus meeting?”  Have you heard or used that phrase lately?  It is one that I hear from time to time and usually means that the one who says it is planning a serious talk with someone to discuss what they see as a need for change in the perspective and/or behavior of the one they are going to have the meeting with.  I heard this phrase used at a meeting this week at work about a conversation that someone needed to have with a patient’s family.  The thing that really struck me as odd, even funny, was that the person who made the comment has shared with me that she is an agnostic.   She said that she grew up atheist but has seen enough unexplainable things happen that she can no longer rule out the existence of God but feels that we can’t know God.  While I continue to pray that God will indeed reveal himself to her, I wondered do I need to have a “come to Jesus” meeting with her about coming to Jesus.   And then I thought, since Jesus lives in me, isn’t every encounter that I have with someone a “bring Jesus with me” meeting?   As I grow to be more like Christ, my interactions with others should reflect Christ and draw people to Him.  Are there opportunities that I have been missing out on sharing Christ with people because I thought I had to have a “come to Jesus” meeting with someone rather than being aware that I’m bringing Him along wherever I go?  So since noon on Tuesday, I’ve been thinking about bringing Jesus with me and being prepared and ready for sharing how someone else can come to know Him too.  And do you want to know what happened?  God opened the door and allowed me to be the one who showed someone how to come to Jesus.  May I be a better reflection of Him each day, may my life and example be salty and make people thirsty for Jesus the living water, may my life be light pointing people towards Christ.   If you don’t know Christ, may you seek Him and find Him for He loves you and wants to reveal Himself to you.  If you do know Christ, may you also take Jesus with you wherever you go so that others may come to know Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment